As the sun never gets tired of sharing his hotness to the world, together with my officemates we planned to fight over Mr. Sun and cool ourselves this summer.
Wait, what? Summer? Hello, Vianna, ‘ber’ months are near already. Well, the above words are one or two years old already. So, why am I sharing this now?
Seriously, I miss going on trips. If travelling is free then I wouldn’t be sitting here in front of the PC, stuck in a four corner room, drowning with paper works, free of the cubicle life. I swear, I’ll be like IAmAileen.com!
Before I blabbed out about my boring office girl life, let me proceed to my Apali Falls trip proper (In my 2 years of working, I haven’t experienced a free/all-expense paid trip or even a summer outing in where I’m working. All the trips I’ve been into these past few years are paid by le self, yeah, it’s sad but well, oh well,)
Apali Falls is a small falls located at Apali, Merida, Leyte.
It’s not much of the fabulous falls you can see and hear like the famous falls all over the Philippines. It’s small. Its height is almost like the three or two storey building. BUT if you are in Leyte (particularly in Ormoc) it’s a good place to cool down during summer (dry season).
It’s a 30-minute ride away from the Ormoc City Proper. And before going there, you have to walk for more or less fifteen minutes (because cars are not allowed to go further for safety reasons)
HOW TO GET THERE
- From Ormoc, you can ride on a multicab from the City Terminal going to Merida. Tell the Drivers to Apali Fal/point. They will drop you to the entrance spot.
- Just ask for the locals for the directions when it’s time for you to walk there, people there are friendly, they are willing to lead the way to the falls.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- There are available and affordable cottages for rents but it’s optional.
- Entrance fee is 5.00 php for kids and 20 for adults.
- It’s half man-made and half nature-made. Lol
- No food stalls, so bring you own food and water!
It’s a swimming galore day for us.
If you are brave enough, you can do cliff jumping. Again, it’s almost as high as the three or two storey building, so it’s not actually safe unless you have done a lot of cliff jumping stunts before.
A trip wouldn’t be complete without camwhoring with the people you are with during the trip. Haha. Groufie and selfie everywhere.
It was a fun-filled experience. It’s never a waste to pay for your own trips.
So, let me end this post with a freaking groupie led by yours truly!
So, where is your latest out of town trip in the midst of August? Let me know your thoughts on the comment section!